Manhattan, IL Police Seek 3 Juveniles After Facility Break-In

0
-Advertisement-

Manhattan, IL – Police are asking for the public’s help identifying three juveniles who allegedly forced their way into a new water treatment facility under construction in Manhattan.

According to the Village of Manhattan Police Department, the break-in occurred Monday at the village’s water treatment facility on Andrea Drive. Police announced the investigation Tuesday and said the identities of the three juveniles allegedly involved remain unknown.

Authorities said the juveniles allegedly forced their way into the building. Police did not provide details about what happened inside the facility or disclose whether anything was stolen or damaged beyond the apparent forced entry.

Because the individuals being sought are juveniles, the department said it cannot legally release their photographs publicly.

Instead, investigators are asking parents and other community members to contact police if they have information that could help identify those allegedly involved.

Police specifically asked residents to take note if a child returned home with tools or other items that could potentially be connected to the incident.

The facility is described by police as brand new and still under construction. Manhattan is located in Will County, southwest of Chicago and near communities including New Lenox, Mokena and Frankfort.

No arrests had been announced in the department’s public statement.

Anyone with information about the break-in or the identities of those involved is asked to contact Officer Bagdon with the Manhattan Police Department at 815-478-4408.

The investigation remains ongoing, and any allegations involving the juveniles have not been proven in court.