Florence, SC – Three juveniles have been charged after an 11-year-old was allegedly held at gunpoint, struck and robbed of shoes and other belongings Monday evening in Florence, according to authorities.
According to the Florence County Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded at approximately 4 p.m. Monday to a reported armed robbery on South Jeffords Street in Florence.
Deputies said the 11-year-old victim had gotten off a school bus when he was allegedly confronted by people in two vehicles. Authorities said the group allegedly robbed the child at gunpoint, taking his shoes, book bag and other belongings.
The juveniles also allegedly forced the child to remove all clothing other than his underwear, according to the sheriff’s office. Deputies said the victim was also struck in the mouth by one of the suspects.
Investigators have since charged three juveniles in connection with the case. According to the sheriff’s office, they face charges of armed robbery, second-degree assault and battery, and petit larceny.
Authorities did not release the names or ages of those charged. The sheriff’s office also did not provide additional details about the vehicles allegedly involved or specify whether the child’s belongings had been recovered.
Because the defendants are juveniles, information surrounding the case may remain limited as the investigation and court proceedings continue.
The sheriff’s office said Thursday that the investigation remains active and additional charges and arrests are possible.
No further information was immediately released.




